Thursday, May 20, 2010

Some archaeological digging in the files

I have a box of old sketchbooks in my closet that have all kinds of old snippets, poetry, etc. In my first few years of marriage, I'd carry a hard-backed sketchbook around with me and squeezed in writing whenever I could. No two books are the same...the only thing they had in common was the fact they were unlined. I guess my mind doesn't function very well in between lines. Even when I was a teacher, I could never write in a straight line. My students always snickered at my loopy instructions on the blackboard. I'm left handed too, so smudge galore. There were a few times when I flipped the book the other way (opens right to left...think Japanese manga books) to make it easier for me to write.


Yeah, I've never really been one for traditional. Sue me. LOL!


Anyway, there's a ton of old ideas, half-baked thoughts, sketches and other stuff buried in there. I've been looking through them and picking out some of the more interesting stuff, which I'll get around to posting eventually. Funny how your view changes after ten years or so.


In other news, writing fanfic and updating my art gallery. I really need more time in the day to get everything done, but I'm a mum! Impossible is my middle name! LOL! Some fantasy stuff in the works...plans revealed very soon.


Off for more writing, as long as my migraine allows me.


Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!