Saturday, March 24, 2012

Time Travelers' Tea (Two Versions)

Here are two versions of the same painting. The first one was done a few years ago, when I was still trying to figure out my style. Three ladies from three ancient civilizations get together for tea. Greek, Mayan and Egyptian:

[[posterous-content:pid___0]]

Time Travelers' Tea (Version 1)

acrylic (paint)

© 2010 by A. Dameron 

I decided to revisit the idea and tweak it a little. Here's the same idea, this time using a combination of mediums. I added a fourth Time Lady, from ancient China:

 

[[posterous-content:pid___1]]

Time Travelers' Tea (Version 2)

acrylic ink, marker, pen

© 2012 by A. Dameron 

 

I'm curious to know what my readers and fellow artists think: which version works better? Please reply and let me know. :-D I don't usually revisit previous paintings, but I wanted to rework this one and I like both of them. 

Thanks, Annie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!