Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hanging on to Hope with a Thread

How do you hang on to hope that things will get better in the future when the present seems so bleak?

For personal reasons too complicated to get into right now, I'm in some sort of creative funk right now. Suffice to say, I'm having the equivalent of a creative mid-life crisis, and wondering whether or not I'm actually making a difference. I wince at the state of our bank account, and have to deal with parent/teacher conferences and calls home because of behavior. Not to mention other personal issues in my marriage.

I look at my kids. They and my creative work are the only things that are keeping me going right now. I think if I didn't have either, I'd probably have gone completely crackers by now. I have to believe things will be better. I have to.

But it's so difficult right now. How do you deal with issues like this?

Annie



All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!