Thursday, September 2, 2010

Creativity Quotes from Great Writers, Artists and Musicians

Creativity Quotes

"If you write a hundred short stories and they're all bad, that doesn't mean you've failed. You only fail if you stop writing." ---Ray Bradbury

"I'm a writer. I don't cook and I don't clean..."---Dorothy West

"You develop a style from writing a lot."---Kurt Vonnegut

"Start to write, and let one thing lead to another..." Ring Lardner

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."---Mark Twain

"Follow your inner moonlight; don't hide the madness."---Allen Ginsberg

"You're a writer and that's something better than being a millionaire, because it's something holy."---Harlan Ellison

"I may never know when I sit down, just what I am going to write. I make no plan, it just comes and I don't know where it comes from."---D.H. Lawrence

"It's a great relief to me to know that I can actually be creative and be happy at the same time."---James W. Hall.

"We are traditionally rather proud of ourselves for having slipped creative work in there between the domestic chores and obligations. I'm not sure we deserve such big A-pluses for that."---Toni Morrison

"You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm."---Collette

"I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds around my neck."---Emma Goldman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."---Einstein

"Art? You just do it." ---Martin Ritt

"Saying no can be the ultimate self-care."---Claudia Black

"Creative work is play. It is free speculation using the materials of one's chosen form."---Stephen Nakomonovich

"Do not fear mistakes. There are none."---Miles Davis

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity."---Einstein

"Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn."---Charlie Parker

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."---Anais Nin

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!