Tuesday, November 22, 2011

An extremely busy week...and it'll only get busier

Nanowrimo stands at 40,567, two days before the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm going to try to squeeze in a few thousand before traveling on Thursday, but let's see how that pans out. We're going up to Roanoke, VA to visit Hubs's parents, aunt and grandmother. 

I've also finished an oil painting based on the abovementioned Nano novel. Part of the story takes place in a land similar to Ancient China (around the Han dynasty somewhere, sort of) and I painted a temple loosely based on pictures of Chinese temples of that period. It's a fantasy piece, and not to be completely realistic, but I think it turned out pretty well. It took me 3 weeks to get it done, in between everything else. Now working on another oil painting of a building in the Nano story, this time a cross between Middle Eastern/Persian/Egyptian architecture. This book by Rob Alexander has been a big help, especially with the specific architectural details for each area of the world.

Speaking of art, the digital camera has died, and I'm usually ending up using my cell phone to take pics. It can be a real pain in the tucus, but the absence of recent photos of my art will soon be remedied. Hopefully.

Back to typing on my Nano novel...and hopefully I'll get that 10,000 words to 50,000 before November 30 rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!