Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What am I Reading This Month? October 2010

I haven't done one of these in a while...

The Godfather by Mario Puzo. Yeah, the original one.

The Last Don by Mario Puzo. This one is definitely different from the original. Most of the action takes place in Las Vegas and Hollywood, as opposed to New York and New Jersey. But the manipulations of the Mafia members don't change a bit.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu This is no way connected with the above two books, and to the fact that I have The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi lined up after this. Or the fact I just finished The Sword and the Mind, translated by Hiroaki Sato.

Hyperspace by Michio Kaku. I also have his Physics of the Impossible. I'll say it again: I like physics, but I hate math. With a passion.

The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards (I'm part of a group doing the exercises from this book. We post our drawings and observations for each assignment.)

And last, but not least (yes, this is a writing reference book): FUBAR, F**ed up Beyond Recognition: Soldier Slang of World War II It's amazing how many familiar words come from this era of history.

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!