Monday, March 14, 2011

Fashion Designer, Me?

When I was growing up, I was known as the "Smart" sister with very little fashion sense. I hated going clothes shopping with my mom and sisters. My style was casual and comfortable; jeans and a t-shirt was fine with me. My younger two sisters were more glamorous...they borrowed items from my closet (and they sometimes stayed in their closets permanently) and spent more time on make-up and hair. If being a clothes horse is genetic, it probably came from my Dad's side. How could a man spend more than hour getting ready for church, while Mom and I waited impatiently, having been ready a long time before?

Even now, I tend to get fashion advice whenever I visit the family. Not to mention getting my hair done or switching my church dress at the last minute ("I have something that'll look better. Wait here."). I don't get offended...in fact, the whole thing is rather amusing. I'm a Mum to 3 kids...when am I going to have the time to be glamorous?

So when I began drawing and painting, I mostly concentrated on still lifes and landscapes. Portraits are still a work in progress for me. Earlier today, I sketched some outfits based on the Doctor Who series (both Classic and New). Here are a few examples:

Beach outfit based on the Fifth Doctor's (cricketer's) outfit.


Pajamas based on the multicolored (disaster?) outfit of the Sixth Doctor
Why PJ's? Because I figured someone might wear it to bed, but not in public.

Dress based on the 11th Doctor's outfit. Red Bowtie and Fez optional.

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!