The program "Inside the Actors Studio" focuses on the craft of acting, directing and writing for film. At the end of the interview, moderator James Lipton poses a set of questions based on the Proust Questionnaire. The answers reveal aspects of how a creative artist views the world and their personal style. Bernard Pivot used a variation at the end of his interviews, and Lipton (an admirer of Pivot's) adapted it for his own program.
Here are the questions Lipton uses and my answers to them:
1) What is your favorite word? Chocolate
2) What is your least favorite word? "We" as in "the royal we". ("I'm glad we made this decision." when it's really supposed to be "I'm glad I made this decision."
3) What turns you on? Creativity.
4) What turns you off? Closed-mindedness.
5) What sound or noise do you love? The sound of waves on the seashore.
6) What sound or noise do you hate? Crying children.
7) What is your favorite curse word? Three, actually. Bl**dy, f*ckin' hell!
8) What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? World traveler
9) What profession would you not want to do? Anything that has me trapped behind a desk doing the same thing over and over.
10) If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
*God points to nearby hammock* "Take a rest. You deserve it."
All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010