Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Where Did the Time Go?

A major "Mommy moment" today at the pediatrician's. Son needed to get a physical so he could do Special Olympics in the spring. He's seven now, and the nurse took his blood pressure, his height and his weight. Compared with his measurements from last year, he's now 49 3/4 inches tall (a little more than 4'1) and he's gained 10 pounds. That puts him slightly a foot shorter than I am. (I'm only 5'2 1/2).

[Insert googly-eyed emoticon here.]

It seems that time is speeding up for me, especially now that the holidays are approaching. Maybe it's also because I turn 37 on Saturday, and 40 is just around the corner. It's a really sobering thought. My youngest is now a chatty 2-year-old whose favorite word is "Bye-bye." It used to be "No!", but I'm sure that one will make a comeback sometime soon.

A few nights ago, I watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Indiana Jones said, "It's not the age, honey, it's the mileage." Times like these make me feel the mileage.

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!