Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Ideal Creative Life

It would be relatively simply, but complex at the same time. I'd combine writing and teaching part-time. My wide net of friends encourage my writing by giving me constructive criticism, praise and a way to decompress and relax. My ideal writing place would be in a nice house with pets and planets. I'd have a music studio with my keyboard, percussion instruments, violin and the latest recording equipment. I'd also have an art studio where I can paint and draw at any time, day or night, when inspiration hits me.

I'd write in a sunroom, screened on three sides, with a desk, sofa, coffee pot, espresso machine and a well-stocked mini-fridge. Super speedy internet connection, with Facebook, LiveJournal, Twitter, Skype, etc.Plus I'd have an iPad and another electronic tablet to draw digitally.

When I need to write out, I'd go to the local cafe', a beach house, or a park. Behind my house, I'd have a Japanese-style water garden, with succulents and koi fish. When I need a complete change of scenery, I prefer to write near the ocean, with the wind in my hair, the sounds of waves nearby, and the gulls crying overhead. I scribble things down by hand and transfer the copy into the computer.

I would have a good relationship with my agent and editor.My books would include chapbooks of poetry, short stories, science fiction, mystery, non fiction. I fell like I have some control over what I publish. If I get paid for it, great! the thing that matters is that I'm happy doing what I'm doing and that I have the support and encouragement to do it.

All writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!