Sunday, August 8, 2010

Nanowrimo 2006 Story: "The Silk Dragon"

My Nanowrimo 2006 story "The Silk Dragon" will be moved from the old site to "Annie's Flights of Fantasy", my archive of original work (non fan-fiction). Here is the link to the Introduction page, which will have all the links to the "sessions" or "chapters". Each "session" will have links to the page before and after it. 


Why "session" and not "chapter"? Nanowrimo is "National Novel Writing Month" (November), and the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I began writing and didn't stop.  squeezed in more writing in between taking care of (then) two kids, a 3 year old and a 10 month old at the time. The places where I had to "break" are the "session" breaks. They're of various lengths and not necessarily where I'd actually break the story into chapters.  


Yes, this work is unedited, and I've kept it in its original form to show the process of writing.  It's raw, and yeah, it's silly and rather weird.It's the process, not necessarily the end result, that is important in this novel. And when I was running out of steam, I pulled ideas from kids' shows, real life, history, etc. al. See how many you can identify.


Read and enjoy! And please, leave comments! :-)




All writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!