Saturday, January 22, 2011

Artist Trading Cards, New Phone, and Other Random Stuff

I've been working on multiple projects at once, plus dealing with 3 kids by myself this past week. Hubby was in New Jersey on a business trip, so there was definitely no rest for the mommy-minded! I ended up doing most of my writing and art after the kids were put to bed, about 8 PM. So I'll throw in a load of laundry or stack the dishes in the dishwasher and try to have a few minutes of peace.

Time's been in short supply, so I've been doing quick sketches. I'm working on a series of Artist Trading Cards (ATCs, 2 inches by 3 inches. Think trade-able art cards, like baseball cards) connected with Chinese New Year. Chun Lian are New Year's couplets, traditionally written on horizontal (or vertical) strips of paper and affixed to your door frame. Usually, it's a quote about the coming spring or a saying from the Chinese classical scholars, like Lao Tzu or Confucius.

My phone's been on the fritz lately, so I've had to get a new one. The old one kept dropping calls, and after my son's teacher tried to contact me (and I finally got her message on the home phone), I told Hubs when he got back that I can't afford to have a bum phone. So I got a new one...spent a while transferring my important phone numbers into it, but as long as I can actually receive my calls, it's worth it.

Still working on my creative website, and I'm planning on adding PDFs of some of my writing and some podcasts (connected with this blog and Phoenix Fire Arts). Slow going, but it'll get there.

So there's no rest for the Creative Mommy, never mind the wicked.



All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!