Friday, January 14, 2011

Writing and Art for Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year will be on February 3 and we'll be going into the Year of the Rabbit. I've always like Chinese New Year...the colors, the songs, and especially the food! I've got Chinese blood on my dad's side (as far as I know, Great-Grandma was Chinese, adopted into our family), so my kids do too. I was born in the Year of the Ox (reliable, dependable but stubborn). Hubs and Baby Girl are Rats (quick-witted, frugal), Son is a Sheep (sensitive, insecure), and Banshee Girl is a Dog (loyal but somewhat unpredictable).

I'm working on several pieces about Chinese New Year, both fiction and non-fiction. Some of them will be on this blog and others elsewhere. As for art, I've been working on my mingzi (Chinese characters). Some of them are at Phoenix Fire Arts and at my store on Zazzle: http://www.zazzle.com/artistmum1*

Here are some sites about Chinese New Year and the Zodiac. If you have kids, here is a site that features cultural information and activities about the Year of the Rabbit.

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!