Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 2 of the Great Snow-In

Hubs and the Kids are at home for the 2nd straight day. Thank goodness for satellite TV, Netflix and the Wiggles! Hubs turned on the DVD upstairs so the kids could still be distracted while he has several phone conferences this morning.

I'm going to try to get some art done this AM...I managed to put some stuff up yesterday, but I'm way behind in photographing and processing those images. Ah, the perpetual problem of trying to fit 28 hours into a 24 hour day! At least this enforced hibernation is giving me time work on my languages/linguistics stuff that I've been neglecting for the past several months. I received several foreign language books this past holiday season that I haven't even cracked open...until yesterday.

I'm trying to put a positive spin on being housebound with 3 kids who are rapidly approaching "cabin-fevered". Their schedules have already been thrown off by the weather, so the transitions back to school are going to be fun.

Oy. When life hands you a snow-covered lemon, make iced lemonade.

All original writing and art copyright A. Dameron 2000-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Question? Please type it below! Thanks!